Garage Door Service & Maintenance
Our company-trained and uniformed team of professional gate/garage door installers will supply, install, maintain and service roller door, sectional door, tilt door and gate Automation System.
Simply contact our office to organize for one of our technicians to visit your premises and have your .
ARA recommends annual garage door service checks and garage door motor service check to be undertaken by our garage door installation professionals, these visits can be pre-arranged and will help maintain your garage/ gate operation to always be at an optimum level for a long time, ensuring the reliability of the product as well as the safety and security of you and your family.
A routine maintenance would include the following:
- Checking items such as (but not limited to) the spring tension, all fixings, guides, general condition of components, and impact reversing system on remote control system.
- Basic maintenance and lubrication of guides / tracks clean the internal sections of the guide/tracks with silicone spray, polish with a dry cloth for a smooth, dirt and moisture resistant surface.
- Panel Doors: Wipe internal sections of the guide/tracks with a dry cloth to achieve a dirt and moisture free surface.
- Inspection of all Steel Hinges and springs (if accessible): Where accessible you should spray or oil with a spray lubricant. This will lubricate and protect from corrosion and offer smooth and quiet operation of your door.
- Plastic Hinges: No lubrication is generally required; however silicon spray may be used if necessary.
- Chain: Lubricate with Chain Lube.
- Lifting Cables if fitted: Check for any wear. If there is fraying or signs of corrosion contact us to organise the replacement of your cables.
- *Cables on your garage door are under extreme tension and should only be adjusted by an appropriately qualified garage door service technician.
- Fasteners: Check all fixings such as screws, nuts and bolts to ensure they are secure and correctly tightened/ torqued.
- Spring Tension: It is natural for springs to lose tension. Should the door become heavy, difficult to operate or completely inoperative, then please contact our office to arrange for a service call.
- *Springs on your garage door are under tension at all times and should only be adjusted by an appropriately qualified garage door service technician.
To discuss a call out, please visit our contacts page to use our Quick Booking Form